The filing period for the following office will be open from December 31, 2019 to January 14, 2020, 5:00pm. Election for Supervisor, 3 year term. Filing materials and information are available from the Township Clerk.
The Ballot for the Bridgewater Township election in March 2020 will have the question: “Shall option A, providing for a five-member town board of supervisors, be adopted for the government of the town?”.
We would like to remind township residents that it is unlawful to deposit snow into public roadways or to push snow across public roadways. These actions create hazards to the public and future snow removal operations. Citizens that violate this could face misdemeanor and/or civil penalties if the snow creates a hazard that contributes to an accident.
The Township snow removal/sanding trucks will be out as soon as possible following a 2" snow event. The Township is not responsible for any damage resulting from snow thrown in the road right-of-way.
Road Grader/Snow Plow Operator
Salary: Part Time - $25 - $30/hr.: non-exempt, non-union position.
- Assist in maintaining 36 miles of township roadways for snow and ice control and apply de-icing chemicals on stretches of roadway under slippery conditions.
- Prepares and inspects winter equipment – maintains snowplow equipment, cutting edges and sanders; and cleans equipment post storm.
- Adapt and troubleshoot mechanical repairs in the field.
Minimum Qualifications and Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must possess the following:
- Two years of experience in the operation of highway construction and/or maintenance equipment – with snow removal experience preferred.
- Valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL) - Minnesota Class A or Class B driver's license with no air brake restrictions
- Required to be immediately accessible to a phone and be able to return to work within 45 minutes of being called
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of a grader with joy stick controls and truck and maintenance equipment.
- Knowledge of the operating hazards and safety precautions related to such equipment.
- Skill in the operation of road grader with plow and wing, and single axle truck with plow and wing, and tractor.
- Ability to perform strenuous work involving heavy and repetitive lifting under varying weather conditions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Due to the nature of Minnesota winters, we do not have set hours during this time as we are at the mercy of when a storm starts and stops. While this is challenging, it is good rule of thumb to expect to be on-call during any snow event (any precipitation during the Winter Season).
Please contact the Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.